Friday, August 15, 2008

Post-Surgery Update

The Extra Mural nurse came to the house this morning to change my dressing and check the drain, which will stay in for week or so. They'll come most days until it can be taken out; she thought everything looked fine.

Last week I went to an information session with a physiotherapist, who went over the exercises to be done, starting today, to make sure you get the full range of motion back in the shoulder. Today I'm finding that my shoulders have a tendency to curl in and up to my ears, so I have to keep putting them back in place.

Slept better last night than I would have expected, considering that I have to switch from my habitual right side sleeping. And feel better today than I would have expected, which is good too!
Thanks to the NB Museum staff for the lovely flowers which were just delivered.

Wendy

No comments: