Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Uncommon Type of Breast Cancer

Not sure how readable this will be - recent article from one of the medical columns the newspaper publishes on the type of breast cancer I have, which fortunately is not common. Charming headline!

One of the reasons I've volunteered for the peer support program with the Cancer Society is that they match you with people who have gone through a similar cancer experience, and this inflammatory type is rather rare. I've finished my training, after attending a workshop in Moncton on Saturday, and have forwarded all my information to be included in the national database, so that they can make matches. Something I hadn't realized is that they also provide support for caregivers through this program, which is a great service.

Wendy

No comments: