Friday, May 22, 2009

Chemo Update


In checking my notes, discovered that the chemotherapy drug I'm getting this time is the one I would have received if I had met the criteria for the clinical trial last year. Harvey is assessing what effect it has on my appetite and how things taste, and I'm trying to drink 2 litres a day.


Had a couple of not so good days, but now seem to be in the rebuilding phase before the next round. Although my hair looks rather lifeless, it hasn't started to disappear yet. Predictions are that will come next week!


We've enjoyed fiddleheads and fresh rhubarb, and the lawn has been cut for the first time. The rhododendron in front of our kitchen window is in full bloom and the cats enjoy watching the bumblebees it attracts.
Credit: Photo courtesy of roving photographer Jack Hill

No comments: