Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Treatment Continues

I was scheduled to start my fifth (of six) round of chemotherapy today, but my white blood count was still too low, even after the week's delay. My doctor prescribed something that stimulates white blood cell production, which I'll give myself by injection for the next five days, after a practice session with the nurse today on how to do that. The things I'm learning through this process!

I've decided to take time off from work until my treatments are completed sometime this fall. As you can imagine, this was a difficult decision to make, and certainly something I was not ready to do in January when treatments started. But I think focusing on dealing with this is the best thing to do now.

So that starts today too - Harvey is a little worried about having me around the house more, so he may have a future report about that.

Wendy

No comments: