Sunday, May 4, 2008

High Water

The Saint John River is forecast to reach its peak here tonight or tomorrow. A few roads closed and houses evacuated in the City, but quite minor compared to upstream.

We checked out Reversing Falls at high tide on Friday and there was so much water coming down the river that it wasn't reversing. It was pretty impressive at low tide too.

Today we went out for a meal at a restaurant for the first time in several months. Borscht at the Polish restaurant at Hammond River was calling me. The restaurant is on a hill overlooking the river, and we could see the water creeping over the road on the other side. It's cut off access to Darlings Island, so people are getting in and out by boat.

My throat is still a bit sore, but no longer keeping me from eating. I get my blood checked tomorrow and if it's ok, chemotherapy on Wednesday.

Wendy

No comments: