Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hair Don't Day

On Wednesday morning, exactly two weeks after my first chemotherapy treatments, my hair started to come out in the shower. I had already decided, influenced by a wonderful book called Turning Heads, that when this happened I would have my head shaved. So, the appointment with Doug, my hair guy, was made for Friday morning.

My friend Suzanne suggested going out for lunch afterwards and we arranged to meet at a lovely little Central American restaurant called Taco Pica. "We'll see who else can come" we said.

On a -20 January day, nine of us enjoyed a delicious lunch, great stories, and much hat modelling. To Suzanne, Lynn, Pat, Wanda, Annette, Felicity, Regi and Rose, thanks for joining in this odd celebration and for the hats, the laughter, the lunch and your support.








No comments: