Friday, November 21, 2008

Left Arm Liberation

Water consumption in Saint John probably spiked yesterday morning, when I had the first shower after removal of my PIC line. No more having to wrap my arm in saran covered by pantyhose - although I have to say that does pretty much work.

When I discovered that the bone strengthener I'm getting every 4 weeks can be given intravenuosly (it doesn't damage the veins the way chemo drugs can), I asked my doctor if it could come out, and she agreed. So that saves our health care system the weekly expense of getting it cleaned and dressing changed.

Also had a helpful consultation with a physiotherapist, who says I have good post-surgery range of motion in my arm and shoulder, but has given me a few specific exercises to help get the last bit back. She also confirmed the kind of adjustments I've been making in order to do yoga while protecting my neck.

Wendy

No comments: