Monday, November 3, 2008

Belated October Updates

Jim and Anna visited from Alberta for a few days - we did a little tour guiding in Saint John, fed them chowder, scallops and lobster, the latter to help celebrate Harvey's birthday. They can provide a review of the quality of our guest accommodation and services.

In lieu of a fall Okanagan trip, we went to Nova Scotia for a few days to visit wineries and stock up. One of the highlights was staying overnight at the Train Station Inn in Tatamagouche, near Jost Winery. A caboose was our bedroom, with dinner in a dining car and breakfast in the train station waiting room.

Last week I got my fake boob (formally known as a prosthesis) and a special (specially expensive) masectomy bra with a clever pocket for it. In response to my query, Harvey confirms that the bra looks like something one's grandmother would have worn, so I'm going to try to retrofit some of my old ones. I probably won't wear the f.b. all the time, but it does help to feel less asymmetrical and make clothes work better. (Sorry if this is too much information, but a not-statistically valid poll of readers said this should be included.)

On the subject of clothes, although I have gained some weight back, when the weather turned cool I discovered that none of my wool pants fit. I've learned that for me wearing clothes that don't fit is rather depressing, so I'm visiting Frenchy's in search of size 6 wool pants. (Realize that weight loss is an odd thing to complain about, but my doctor says it all depends how it happens.)

Wendy

No comments: