Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Treatment to Proceed

We enjoyed the rest of my sister Diane's visit, which included a trip to St Andrews where we vistied the first farmers market of the season, shopping at Frenchy's and introducing her to Quiddler, a card word game we're fond of. We knew it was time for her to go home when she started to beat us! She also helped me plant grass seed in the many bare spots on our front lawn; the birds enjoyed some but there are new green shoots coming up.

My white blood count has improved so we should be able to go ahead with chemotherapy next week. I see my oncologist again on Monday, delayed from this week because she was grounded in Toronto by the thunderstorms.

Had a chance to see The Stone Angel, at a sold out screening as part of the independent film series. It was very well done; now I want to reread the book.

We had friends over for dinner last night and Harvey made his fiddlehead soup, which we've decided is the best way to serve fiddleheads. The only complaint was there wasn't enough for seconds. I'll ask him if he'll post the recipe.

During the Kings County studio tour on the weekend we visited 4 or 5 studios, enjoying the great looking gardens as well as interesting art. A great day for a drive through the river valley, with the sun shining and the lupines in bloom.

Wendy

No comments: