Saturday, April 26, 2008

The View from 5A South Friday, April 25

When the sun was shining earlier today, you could see the green spring fuzz of the buds on the trees and the grass is greening up. Harvey left at lunchtime, hoping to finish raking last autumn's leaves this afternoon. We have several large maples and are surrounded by many mature trees.

The sores in my mouth are healing and my throat is working better. They put me on a liquid diet this time and it was worked out much better. My blood counts are gradually improving so that I will have an immune system again by the time I leave. That won't happen till sometime after the weekend.

I found a Penguin Edition of Rudy Weibe's The Blue Mountains of China in the patient lounge. As I haven't read it yet, it is a delightful find (among the heart-throbbing romance novels) and I'm afraid I will finish it too quickly.

Wendy (typed by Harvey)

No comments: