Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm saddened to report that Wendy died at 3:45 am, ADST on this day in the Saint John Regional Hospital, Saint John. New Brunswick. I offer my grateful thanks to the staff at the Oncology Department, the Emergency department, the Neurology Ward and the Palliative Care Unit for their timely, compassionate and professional care of Wendy during these past two and a half years.


Wendy has stipulated that there be no funeral. Her remains will be cremated and a celebration of her life will be held at a later date. I will announce the date, time and place in this blog.


Although Wendy had cancer, Cancer never had her. She would not let it dominate her life or determine her course. For every moment of pain and despair she found a moment of light and joy; for every limitation, an open road to speed along; for every setback, a lifetime's worth of hope.


Anyone wishing to do so, may make donations in her name to the Canadian Cancer Society, and for you lefties out there, The Stephen Lewis Foundation. Failing these two, any donation in her name to any community based arts support group would also be welcome.





Wendy Martindale

August 1, 1952 - July 7, 2010


4 comments:

Barb McIntyre said...

Wendy was one of the shining lights in the lives of all who knew her. She had a soul like her smile - absolutely beautiful and I and all her friends will miss her sorely. Her brave fight showed many of us - especially those of us who are cancer survivors what a REAL fight is like and she was an inspiration to many.
Barb McI

Cindy Coubrough said...

I have nothing but fond memories of my time working with Wendy. She could be tough, but she was always fair. The world has lost a fine person who will be greatly missed.

Thinking of you Harvey and family.

Hugs
Cindy

The Dandurands said...

Although I had not seen Wendy in a few years, she was the kind of person you could just 'pick up' where you left off... She was such a beautiful person inside and out! We will meet again... I am so sad for you Harvey. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Big hug,
Heidi Dandurand

Anonymous said...

I never knew Wendy passed away until recently. Wendy was my direct supervisor for a year at the NBM, when I was the Community Relations Assistant. I learned a lot from Wendy in that time. She very much went out of her way to make sure I did my complete best at all that I did regarding my work for the Museum. At some points I know I must have drove her crazy and sometimes I wasn't to sure what she thought of me (haha), until years later when called upon for a reference - I found out later she praised me for my hard work within my short time there.

To the staff at NBM, her family and friends my deepest condolences - she certainly will be missed.

M