Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Radiation Underway

I've gotten started with radiation treatments - four of ten planned treatments are finished. Because they are whole brain treatments, a moulded plastic mesh mask was made on my first visit. The radiation therapists slip the mask on over my head each time and use it to line up the beam.

My sister, Joyce, was here for a visit on one of the first WestJet flights into Saint John from Toronto (for now they operate only seasonally). It was also the first time we had great weather when she visited (snow storms and fog have been features of previous visits). It was nice to show her around while everything is so green and we enjoyed lobster and scallops, too. Comet loved the extra attention and the long walks.

Wendy

2 comments:

Terri said...

hiya Wendy, I've been thinking about you and thought I'd pop on to say hi. Things have been crazy busy with the 7wonders thingy. Glad to hear that you will be able to work from home for the next little while ...we are lucky to work in fields with such great flexibility! Take care....

Betsy said...

Hello Wendy, I had good visits with two River Road ladies recently. Karen Olson (now Reutter) and I had lunch. She was in the area still trying to settle up some land issues to do with her Dad's estate. Karen had some good family pictures - one of the best being the four sisters at Stephanie's son David's wedding last summer. He is a handsome redhead, now living and working in New York City.
At a reception at the Rainham Mennonite Church on Sunday I sat next to Vickie and she says she will see you soon. One of those hugs she gives you will also be from Karen and me...and all the Olson sisters and, while she's hugging (it will have to be a long hug!) from all of the Oneida girls of our era. Those were lovely times.
Thinking good thoughts for you. Have a wonderful visit with Vickie and Chuck!
XO Betsy (Harrison) McBurney