Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Update

At my monthly appointment with my oncologist this week, Dr. B advised that the new chest x-ray looks about the same as the last one. This is good news as the treatments seem to be holding the cancer at bay. We will continue with weekly treatment as long as this is the case and I’m able to tolerate the side effects.

Wednesday is treatment day and seems to come around very quickly. My system does seem to be settling down with no nausea and Harvey is pleased that I’ve gained a pound or two in the last month. The major new thing is numb fingers (my toes were numb before) which means bad handwriting and some extra proofreading when at the keyboard. (Harvey is typing this for me, so he’s responsible for that.) Suzanne is keeping my hair buzzed, which looks much better than the fine stuff which had come back in various lengths and heading off in all directions.

Wendy

1 comment:

Cindy Coubrough said...

Considering how tiny you write, numb fingers must be trying. I'm glad the treatment seems to be working. We are waiting for spring to start here, it's so dry we need a little rain, but more than likely it will appear as snow. =)

Happy Easter to you and Harvey.