Thursday, October 29, 2009

Treatment Again

Spent much of yesterday at the Fortress of Healing for chemotherapy treatment. My reading material for the day was Julie and Julia, which inspired the movie. That led to phoning Harvey to suggest he get some leeks when he went shopping. The resulting leek and potato soup is delicious, as was the borscht he made last week. His Ukrainian friend said, with tears, that it is "just like my mother makes."
Some of the chemo nurses hadn't seen my blonde persona until yesterday. They agreed that it looked good but were very amused when I reported that as a blonde I needed to shorten some of my skirts. My hair is gradually coming back - maybe 3/4 inch of very fine gray brown - not enough to keep my head warm.
I have a CT scan coming up and then Dr. B will know when this chemo is working, in which case we'll continue with more treatments.
Wendy

1 comment:

Cindy Coubrough said...

Fingers crossed that it's doing its job.

Cheers
Cindy