Friday, October 10, 2008

Probably No Radiation

Saw the radiation oncologist yesterday. Although he's going to consult with my other docs, because the surgery achieved clear margins, he doesn't feel that radiation to the breast area is necessary.
The last xray shows that the radiation to the neck I had before worked; he said it looks much better. He's ordering another bone scan to check to see if any other bone involvement has appeared. And I'll continue to get aredia every 4 weeks; which strengthens the bones and helps kill cancer cells in them.
I've gained a few pounds back, part of which is my regrowing hair. Harvey is pleased with that - although hopeful that I will keep my hair quite short.
Picked rosehips today and we've ordered a fresh turkey to be picked up at the Market tomorrow and cooked on Monday. Some of Harvey's relatives are headed our way and may arrive by then. And the weather forecast is for sun!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Wendy

No comments: